Friday 9 July 2010

Two Oceans Cabernet Sauvignon & Merlot 2007

This evening we decided to order a South African wine, while watching a game from the World Football Cup in this country. Although I am fond of South African wines, I wasn't charmed by this one. Let's be honest - if it is not closed with cork, it's not a real wine. We ordered this in a restaurant and we didn't know it is with an aluminium cap. Our expectations, of course, were met. The wine is not among the best I have tasted. Yes, it's a cheap wine, but it could have been better design and taste. The aroma is of strawberries and cherries, but rather nosy.

The wine itself has a taste of red fruits and sweet tannins. Nevertheless, it is soar, not very pleasant. Short and unpleasant finishing. I wouldn't recommend this wine.


4 comments:

  1. Try a New Zealand wine with a screw cap - a sauvignon blanc from Marlborough (Babich of Saint Clair) and you'd have some editing to do... :)

    You can't expect too much from a wine that sells for about 10 lv. in the superstore...even if it is Bulgarian.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can assure you I've tried much better 10 levs wines. But I will follow your recommendation the first chance I get :)

    ReplyDelete